Scope of Application
Article 1-1 Contracts for Accommodation and related agreements to be entered into between this Hotel and the Guest to be accommodated shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions. Any particulars not provided herein shall be governed by laws and regulations and/or generally accepted practices.
1-2 In the case when this Hotel has entered into a special contract with the Guest insofar as such special contract does not violate laws and regulations and generally accepted practices, notwithstanding the preceding Paragraph, the special contract shall take precedence over the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
Application for Accommodation Contract
Article 2-1 A Guest who intends to make an application for Accommodation Contract with this Hotel shall notify the Hotel of the following particulars:
- (1) Name of the Guest(s)
- (2) Date of accommodation and estimated time of arrival
- (3) Accommodation Charges
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel
2-2 In the case when the Guest requests an extension of the accommodation use beyond the date as given in subparagraph (2) of the preceding Paragraph, it shall be regarded as a new application for a new Accommodation Contract at the time such a request is made.
Conclusion of Accommodation Contracts, etc.
Article 3-1 An Accommodation Contract shall be deemed concluded when this Hotel has duly accepted the application as stipulated in the preceding Article. However, the same shall not apply where it has been proven this Hotel has not accepted the application.
3-2 When an Accommodation Contract has been concluded in accordance with the provisions of the preceding Paragraph, the Guest shall pay an accommodation deposit fixed by this Hotel by the date specified by the Hotel.
3-3 The deposit shall first be used for the total amount of Accommodation Charges to be paid by the Guest, then secondly for the cancellation charges under Article 6, and thirdly for the reparations under Article 18 where applicable; the remainder, if any, shall be refunded at the time of payment of the Accommodation Charges as stated in Article 12.
3-4 When the Guest has failed to pay the deposit by the due date as stipulated in Paragraph 2, the Hotel shall treat the Accommodation Contract as invalid. However, this shall only apply in the case where the Guest is thus informed by the Hotel when the deposit payment due date is specified.
Special Contracts Requiring No Accommodation Deposit
Article 4-1 Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article, the Hotel may enter into a special contract not requiring an accommodation deposit after the Contract has been concluded as stipulated in the same Paragraph.
4-2 In the case when the Hotel has not requested the deposit payment as stipulated in Paragraph 2 of the preceding Article and/or has not specified the deposit payment due date, it shall be treated as the Hotel has accepted a special contract prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Refusal of Accommodation Contracts
Article 5 The Hotel may not accept the conclusion of an Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases:
- (1) When the application for accommodation does not conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- (2) When the Hotel is fully booked and no rooms are available.
- (3) When the person(s) seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct themselves in a manner that will contravene the laws or act against public order and/or act immorally in regard to accommodation use.
(4) When the person(s) seeking accommodation is deemed liable to fall under any of the following cases from (a) to (c).
(a) A criminal organization prescribed in Article 2-2 of the Act to Prevent Unjust Acts by Organized Crime Group (Act No. 77 of 1991) (hereinafter referred to as “Criminal Organizations”), a person who is a member of a criminal organization as prescribed in Article 6-2 of the same Act (hereinafter referred to as “Members of Criminal Organizations”).
- (b) Business activities, any other groups, or any other related parties run by criminal organizations or their members.
- (5) When the person(s) seeking accommodation is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted themselves in a manner to become a severe annoyance to other staying guests.
- (6) When the person(s) seeking accommodation is clearly deemed to be a carrier of an infectious disease.
- (7) When the person(s) seeking accommodation has demanded to the Hotel or the Hotel staff, overbearing unjust acts such as violence, threat or blackmail, or has requested the Hotel to assume an unreasonable burden.
- (8) When the Hotel is unable to provide accommodations due to natural disasters, facility malfunctions and/or any other unavoidable causes.
- (9) When the following provisions of Article 4 of the Kanagawa Prefectural Hotel Business Act Ordinance are applicable; the person(s) seeking accommodation (i) is deemed liable to conduct and/or have conducted themselves in a manner to become a severe disturbance to other staying guests, such as being highly intoxicated and/or showing abnormal behavior; (ii) is in an extremely unsanitary state either physically or in dress, and is deemed liable to become a severe disturbance to other staying guests.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Guest
- Article 6-1 The Guest is entitled to cancel the Accommodation Contract by so notifying the Hotel.
6-2 In the case when the Guest has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in whole or in part due to causes for which the Guest is liable (excluding the case in which the Hotel has requested a deposit payment during a specified period as prescribed in Paragraph 2 of Article 3, and the Guest has made a cancellation before the deposit is paid), the Guest shall pay cancellation charges as listed below. However, in the case when a special contract as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 4 has been concluded by the Hotel, the same shall only apply when the Guest is informed of payment obligations of cancellation charges regarding cancellations made by the Guest.
Attachment 1 * Counting from initial notification date of cancellation
General Reservation (Maximum 9 persons for Accommodation Contract application)
No-show/On the reservation date /Previous day of reservation date/ 2 days prior to reservation date/ 3 days prior to reservation date/
Earlier than 4 days prior to reservation date
Group Reservation (Accommodation Contract application for over 10 persons)
No-show/On the reservation date /Previous day of reservation date/ From 2 to 7 days prior to reservation date/ From 8 to 14 days prior to reservation date/ From 15 to 30 days prior to reservation date
Note 1. The percentages signify the rate of cancellation charge to the Accommodation Charges specified at the time of contract.
Note 2. When the number of days contracted is shortened, the cancellation charge for the first day shall be paid by the Guest regardless of the number of shortened days.
Note 3. When part of a group reservation is cancelled, the cancellation charge shall not incur for the number of persons equivalent to 10% of the number of persons booked as of 15 days prior to the reservation date (when accepted less than 15 days prior to occupancy, then as of notification date) , with fraction rounded to a whole number.
- 6-3 In the case when the Guest does not arrive by 20:00 of the reservation date without advance notice (if the Hotel is notified in advance of any delay, then 2 hours after the expected arrival time), the Hotel may regard the Accommodation Contract as being cancelled by the Guest.
Right to Cancel Accommodation Contracts by the Hotel
Article 7-1 The Hotel may cancel the Accommodation Contract under any of the following cases, regardless of Accommodation Contracts being concluded as prescribed in Paragraph 1 of Article 3.
- (1) When the Guest is deemed liable to fall under Cases (3) to (9) in Article 5.
- (2) When the Guest has violated the Rules as prescribed in Article 10 and/or the Hotel deems the Guest to be liable of such a violation.
- (3) When there are justifiable grounds for cancellation, and/or the Hotel deems there to be justifiable grounds, including respective items of the preceding Paragraph.
- 7-2 In the case when the Hotel has cancelled the Accommodation Contract in accordance with the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall not be entitled to charge the Guest for any future services which have not been rendered.
Article 8-1 The Guest shall register the following particulars at the Front Desk on the day of accommodation:
- (1) Name, age, sex, address, occupation of Guest(s)
- (2) For foreign visitors: nationality, passport number, port and date of entry to Japan
- (3) Date of departure and estimated time of departure
- (4) Other particulars deemed necessary by the Hotel.
- Article 8-2 For foreign visitors with no fixed address within Japan, the Hotel shall request passport presentation and will take a copy of the passport.
- Article 8-3 In the case when the Guest intends to pay Accommodation Charges prescribed in Article 12 by any other means than Japanese currency, such as accommodation vouchers and credit cards, these credentials shall be shown in advance at the time of registration prescribed in the preceding Paragraph.
Occupancy Hours of Guest Rooms
- Article 9-1 The Guest is entitled to occupy the contracted guest room of the Hotel from 15:00 to 11:00 the following day. However, for consecutive stays, the Guest is entitled to occupy the guest room all day long, excluding the arrival and departure dates.
- 9-2 Not withstanding the provisions prescribed in the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel may permit the Guest to occupy the contracted room beyond the time prescribed in the same Paragraph. In this case, additional charges shall be paid by the Guest. As the additional charges differ according to room type and extended occupancy time, please inquire at the Front Desk for details.
Observance of Rules
Article 10 The Guest shall observe the Rules and Regulations established by the Hotel, which are posted within the premises of the Hotel facility.
- Article 11-1 Business hours of the main Hotel facilities are as specified in the Hotel brochures and notices displayed throughout the Hotel facility.
- 11-2 Business hours specified in the preceding Paragraph may be subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances. In such a case, the Hotel shall take appropriate measures to inform the Guest.
Payment of Accommodation Charges
Article 12-1 The breakdown of Accommodation Charges and other service fees the Guest should pay is as listed below:
(1) Accommodation Charge (room rate + extension fee for any extended occupancy)
(2) Service Charge ((1) x 10%)
(3) Extra foods and drinks
(4) Service Charge ((3) x 10%) (some not applicable)
(5) Consumption Tax
- 12-2 Accommodation Charges and other service fees as stated in the preceding Paragraph shall be paid by the Guest at the time of arrival or upon request by the Hotel with Japanese currency or by any other means recognized by the Hotel such as hotel vouchers, coupons and credit cards. Please note, the Hotel does not accept personal checks.
- 12-3 Accommodation Charges shall be paid by the Guest, even if the Guest voluntarily does not utilize the prepared accommodation facilities provided by the Hotel.
- Article 13-1 The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damages in the event the Hotel has caused such damages to the Guest in the fulfillment or the nonfulfillment of the Accommodation Contract and/or related agreements. However, the same shall not apply wherein such damages have been caused due to reasons for which the Hotel is not liable.
- 13-2 The Hotel is covered by the Hotel Liability Insurance for unforeseen fires and/or other disasters.
Handling when Unable to Provide Contracted Rooms
- Article 14-1 In the case when the Hotel is unable to provide contracted rooms, the Hotel shall arrange accommodations of similar conditions with the consent of the Guest.
- 14-2 In the case when other accommodations cannot be arranged notwithstanding the provision of the preceding Paragraph, the Hotel shall pay the Guest a compensation fee equivalent to the cancellation charges and the compensation fee shall be applied to reparations. However, when the Hotel is unable to provide accommodation due to causes for which the Hotel is not liable, the Hotel shall not compensate the Guest.
Handling of Deposited Articles
- Article 15-1 The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage and/or loss of goods, cash, or valuables deposited by the Guest at the Front Desk, except in the case when the damages are due to causes of force majeure. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 150,000yen.
- 15-2 The Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damage and/or loss determined to be the malicious intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel of goods, cash, or valuables which are brought into the Hotel premises by the Guest, but not deposited at the Front Desk. However the Hotel shall compensate the Guest within the limit of 150,000yen.
Custody of Guest Baggage/Belongings
- Article 16-1 In the case when baggage of the Guest is delivered to the Hotel in advance, the Hotel shall be liable to store the baggage only in this case in which such a request has been accepted by the Hotel. The baggage shall be handed to the Guest at the Front Desk upon the Guest's arrival.
- 16-2 When baggage and/or belongings of the Guest is found left behind at the Hotel after check-out, the general policy of the Hotel is to await contact to be made by the owner of the article(s) that confirms ownership of said articles and ask for further instructions on its handling. When no instructions are given by the owner, the found article(s) will be disposed after 1 month. (Articles such as foods, drinks, cigarettes, magazines, used fabrics will be disposed of on the following day from check-out.)
- 16-3 The Hotel Liability in regards to the custody of the Guest's baggage/belongings in the case of the preceding two Paragraphs shall be assumed in accordance with the provisions of Paragraph 1 of the preceding Article, and with the provision of Paragraph 2 of the same Article.
Article 17 The Hotel shall not be liable for the Guest's vehicle when the Guest utilizes the Hotel's contracted parking lot, as it shall be regarded the Hotel only offers a parking space, whether the vehicle key has been deposited at the Hotel or not. However, the Hotel shall compensate the Guest for any damages caused by malicious intent or negligence on the part of the Hotel during management of the parking lot.
Article 18 The Guest shall compensate the Hotel for any damages caused by malicious intent or negligence on the part of the Guest.
- Article 19 In regards to Internet access, the Guest shall use the Internet at their own risk, and the Hotel shall not take any responsibility in regards to any resulting damages from system failures and/or any other related malfunction which occurred during the Guest's computer connection. Furthermore, when the Guest's computer connection is deemed to be inappropriate by the Hotel and results in any damages to the Hotel and/or other third party, the Guest shall compensate for the damages.
- Article 20 This Terms and Conditions of Accommodation Contracts is prepared in Japanese and English. When there is any disagreement or difference between the translated Terms, the Japanese Article shall take first priority on all points.
- Article 21 All disputes which occur regarding this Article shall be solved according to the Japanese laws and ordinances which have jurisdiction over the location of the Hotel in a Japanese court.
Rules and Regulations
Every guest is requested to observe and comply with the following Regulations established by the Hotel to maintain the dignity of the Hotel and to ensure that Hotel guests have a pleasant and safe stay, in accordance with Article 10 of the Terms and Conditions for Accommodation Contracts. If a guest does not comply with the Hotel Regulations, the Hotel may not permit further use by the guest of the guest’s Hotel room and other Hotel facilities pursuant to Articles 7 of said Conditions. The Hotel will not be liable to any guests for any damage caused by his/her failure to comply with the Hotel Regulations.
- 1. Exceeding the guest capacity of the reserved room is prohibited.
- 2. Do not use any personal equipment for heating and/or cooking, including electric irons in the guest rooms.
- 3. All rooms in the Hotel are nonsmoking rooms. Please smoke only in the designated smoking area. Furthermore, any behavior which may cause fire hazards is prohibited.
- 4. Do not bring in the following articles into the Hotel lobby and the guest rooms: (i) Animals, birds (including pets but excepting guide dogs, service dogs and hearing dogs) (ii) Any items which produce an offensive odor (iii) Flammable articles such as gunpowder, benzine, etc. (iv) Illegally owned swords, guns and/or weapons. (v) Other items that cannot be brought into the Hotel as determined by the Hotel.
- 5. The Hotel prohibits gambling or any other behavior which disrupts public order, and causes severe distress for other staying guests.
- 6. Please do not invite non-staying visitors into the guest rooms.
- 7. Kindly refrain from going out of your room in pajamas, slippers or swimming wear.
- 8. Do not use the guest room or lobby as a business office, sales office and/or exhibition area. Also, do not use the guest room or Hotel facility for any other purpose than as accommodation, such as a shooting location for commercial footage.
- 9. Do not hand out advertisement flyers to other Guests within the Hotel premises.
- 10. Please refrain from bringing in any foods and/or drinks from outside the Hotel.
- 11. The Hotel shall not take custody of art works and/or antiques.
- 12. Do not exhibit or showcase personal items along the guest room windows which may impair the exterior appearance of the Hotel.
- 13. Please store any valuables (cash, etc.) in the safe deposit box in the guest room. The Hotel will not be liable for the loss or theft of valuables that are not stored in the safe deposit box. The safe deposit box can be used only during the guest’s stay.
14. Regarding use of Hotel equipment:
- (i) Do not use the equipment for any other purpose than its original intended purpose.
- (ii) Do not remove Hotel equipment outside of the guest rooms.
- (iii) Do not remove Hotel equipment from its installed area, or tamper with Hotel equipment.
- 15. Do not use the guest room for any other purpose than for accommodation.
16. The Hotel will charge the guest other than the accommodation charges in the following cases:
- (i) Any damage or theft of the Hotel’s property.
- (ii) Any extra cleaning is required beyond the limit of the Hotel due to the consumption of food, vomiting, blood, body fluid or dirt.
- (iii) Smoke anywhere other than the areas where smoking is permitted.
17. Even though there is DND (Do Not Disturb) sign on the door throughout the day during the consecutive stays, the Hotel staff enters the guest room once every three days in order to confirm safety.
18. Please review the emergency exit instructions posted on the inside of the guest room door and locate the emergency exits on your floor for emergency in advance.
19. Items and services purchased in shops, any tickets, taxi fare, postal stamps or luggage delivery services cannot be added to your hotel bill.
20. The Hotel will not provide any drugs to the guests in accordance with the Pharmaceutical Affairs Law.
21. A facility service charge will be added when room telephones are used for outside calls.
22. Except in emergency situations, or unavoidable causes of the Hotel, please refrain from using the emergency staircases, going up to the roof, entering areas where there is machinery or areas where Hotel staff uses.
23. The Hotel shall immediately prohibit the use of all the facilities in the following cases:
- (i) The use of violence, intimidation and other malicious behavior to make coercive and unjust demands
- (ii) When symptoms similar to psychosomatic disorders caused by alcohol and/or drug intake appear and the Guest is deemed to be incompetent to secure their own safety, and is in danger of causing harm and/or fear to other staying Guests.
- (iii) Being unreasonably loud within the Hotel and/or guest room, causing a disruption by loud singing or noises, and any other behavior which may cause anxiety and disturb other staying guests. Furthermore, gambling inside the Hotel or any other actions against public standards of decency.
- (ⅳ) Other acts that the Hotel judges to be an inappropriate.
Contact the Front Desk should you witness any suspicious persons and/or discover any suspicious articles.
A Request for Your Cooperation
The Hotel is engaged in eco-friendly actions, such as CO2 reduction. We would be very grateful for your cooperation with the following actions.
- * Please inform the Hotel staff if you do not require daily housekeeping during a consecutive stay.
- * Please inform the housekeeping staff of any unnecessary amenities in the guest room.
- * The Hotel does not conduct housekeeping during 1-night stays.
- * During consecutive stays, Hotel housekeeping is conducted once per 1 overnight stay. (Particular housekeeping times can be requested between the hours of 10:00~14:00)